Insurance

Shooting organisations relevant to Bell Target.
NeilHW30

Insurance

Post by NeilHW30 »

Does Lincolnshire bell target league have its own liability insurance?
Just curious because I've never heard it mentioned. I know a lot of shooters have their own cover by being members of clubs or organizations, my daughter Amy & myself are in Basc so have cover from them, but are more casual shooters or people coming along to try it for the first time automatically covered by the league or should people look into it on a individual basis?

Christel

Re: Insurance

Post by Christel »

There is a liability insurance for the league, everybody who shoots, be it a team member or a first time guest is covered.
I think we are covered through the NSRA but not sure.

Pretty sure there is a "shoot 4 times rule" - after that one pays a fiver for the insurance.

NeilHW30

Post by NeilHW30 »

Excellent, so anyone who's paid the £5 yearly subs to a team is covered automatically.
If there's a "shoot four times for free" rule it maybe worth keeping an eye on though, as I'm sure there must be folk who have tried it out more than four times but not signed up for a team. If they're not members of one of the shooting organizations they may be shooting uninsured without realizing.

DavidB
Site Admin

Post by DavidB »

I keep an eye on our practice evenings and corner people on the 4th/5th shoot and hold my hand out for a fiver however this is not actually insurance money. The Northern Shooting Show sponsorship/involvement is to pay the league affiliation to the NSRA which covers the insurance however the NSRA are looking to change the way clubs are insured so the fee may change this coming year. Hopefully sponsorship will continue to cover this.

The fiver to Dave C is for the maintenance of the league and possible future insurance and other fees at some point should the sponsorship deal change. (Guns are maintained/serviced/repaired free of charge so no cost there)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...