Pellets

As it says, a place to exchange parts, pellets, sights and anything else you want to swap.
Pickle Rick

Pellets

Post by Pickle Rick »

Anyone know where I can get some pellet sample packs ?
I usually use wad cutters for paper punching, but with bt requiring domed I need to find a suitable pellet that my rifle likes .
I’ve seen a few on eBay , but at about £15 for a few dozen pellets it seems a right rip off .
Cheers
Shot at & missed
Shot at again & hit in the same place

medusa249

Re: Pellets

Post by medusa249 »

Hi, i just bought lots of sample packs from ebay there about £3 for 50 pellets, it is expensive buts it's fun and very interesting. I tested about 20 different pellets. JSB also do tester tins with 7 different pellets in.
Graham Prestwood

HW95 + TBT Pro-kit - Scoped with Hawk Fast Mount 3-9x40 AO
Air Arms S200T

DavidB
Site Admin

Post by DavidB »

Are the flat or domed? We have to use domed pellets when shooting the metal bell targets as they leave a pip in the middle of the impact mark to assist marking. The down side is my Model 66 has always shot better with 4.49mm Exact and they are only available as flats.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

medusa249

Post by medusa249 »

I bought a range od different pellet samples , all domed , you just pick the ones you want.

I hadn't used flats until I started shooting Bell Target Paper Targets, It's some much clearer when using flats , the whole is clear as opposed to domed ones which just rip and go through.
Graham Prestwood

HW95 + TBT Pro-kit - Scoped with Hawk Fast Mount 3-9x40 AO
Air Arms S200T